Review the class information and see list of upcoming classes below…
Looking for a way to get your child started on a FIRST team or learning Robotics?
Sign-up and jump start your child into the world of Robotics. This class emphasizes using the Lego Mindstorms EV3 robotics platform with Lego Technics.
This is a hands-on class. Your child will be building with Lego Technics, creating Robotic programs and running them on a virtual and/or real robot.
- At the conclusion of the class on Saturday, we include an optional 30-45 minute session for parents to learn how to install and configure all the components needed for your child to continue their learning at home.
Cost & Schedule
- $30 – includes a take home small Lego Technic kit, snacks and lunch on Saturday
- Scholarships Available – Contact R+D Robotics Coordinator for information
- Friday Evening – 5:30-8pm
- Saturday – 9:30-4pm (lunch and plenty of play time included)
- Introduction to Lego Mindstorms EV3 Brick (the Robot “Brain”), Motors, Sensors, and Programming
- Building with Lego Technics – a new type of Lego’s to make new types of Lego creations
- Pseudo-code – learn to think like a robot to know how to program a robot
- Learn how to use the RVW Virtual Robot
- This class uses the On-Line Curriculum: EV3 Introduction to Programming – the RVW Virtual Robot is designed to work with this curriculum.
- Programming Movement with RVW Virtual Robot – Going straight, turning (pivots & spins)
- Programming with 1 Sensor
Next Steps – R+D Robotics Challenge!
- Using skills gained in the Robotics Jump Start along with the RVW Virtual Robot and On-Line Introduction to EV3 Robot Programming curriculum join the Robotics Challenge which will be supported by the Robotics Club for anytime your child encounters challenges in the learning process.
- Progress will be tracked and the other children also taking the challenge will hear how their peers are doing! It’s a great way to keep each kid motivated to continue the learning process and develop friendships with other kids who love robotics.
- We are also looking at prizes for anyone who completes the challenge!!!
- Interested? Check out the Robotics Challenge!